At Boolaroo Bowmen we welcome beginner, novice and serious archers of all ages and skill levels.
Archery is a family friendly, fun sport and the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors in a welcoming environment where you can choose to compete amongst equals or simply enjoy the social atmosphere.
You need never have shot a bow before. Our accredited and friendly coaches are here to help and guide you so you get the most enjoyment from your sport.
Even if you don't have your own equipment, Boolaroo Bowmen has a full range of loan equipment available so you can experience archery first hand without having to invest in your own equipment.
Our emphasis is on enabling all members to enjoy archery safely with a view to assisting you to develop your skills in the field and to a level that you are comfortable with. Whether you just want some simple sport and activity or wish to progress in to competition or bow huntingour coaches and members will offer you guidance and support at all stages.
Have a look in our “Downloads & Links” section for useful information and links or download our club shoot calendar by clicking on the calendar icon..
Registration on shoot days begin from 8.30am and close at 9.00am.
If you're an archer visiting from another area or another club, we'd love you to join us on our varied and challenging range. Members of any archery association more than welcome.
Want to try Archery with us?
Want to try Archery with us?
For people with no prior experience we provide a way for you to get in to archery quickly, by providing a 1 month beginners package.
- Join us on any of our regular Sunday events between 7.30am and 8.30am for an introduction to archery and basic training session.
- Then attend the subsequent Club shoots on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month and put in to practice what you have learnt. Don't worry, you will be mentored with experienced and friendly members of the club.
- If you decide that archery is for you, convert your temporary membership to a full membership.
Book in advance via email or phone. The cost is $10.00 per person and includes;
- 3 months Temporary Membership of the Club and the ABA
Introductory training on Saturday and shoot fees for the Sunday shoots
- Equipment hire is available for $10.00 per person if you don't have your own
- A guaranteed great time!
Our bush range makes archery interesting because you aren't standing in an open field shooting at targets. It involves moving from target to target, usually 20 in total, and shooting at varying distances and in varying environments. Typically the event will take most of the day, with a break for lunch.
For safety reasons there are some dress rules to be observed.
- Sturdy, enclosed shoes to be worn.
- Collard shirt and hat to prevent sunburn
- No camouflage clothing allowed
- Must carry your own water on the course
We have a canteen where hot food and cold drinks may be purchased for lunch.
Below are indicative costs for membership and events. Please note that prices are subject to change. Cash preferred, but eftpos facilities are also available.
New Adult Membership $65.00 per person
New Junior Membership $25.00 (13-17 years of age)
New Cub Membership $25.00 (younger than 13 years of age)
Family Membership's Available
ABA Membership - Click here for latest pricing from the ABA web site
Equipment Hire $10.00
3D target events $15.00 per adult (cubs & juniors $5.00)
Paper target events $10.00 per adult (cubs & juniors $5.00)